Find a Practical Exam
Click on a blue state for the CDT Practical Exams in that state
Only blue states have CDT Practical Exams currently available. Please check back often for exams in your area.
Download the NBC Exam Calendar - Full downloadable Practical Examination Calendar
Important Note: Confirmation letters with molds, instructions, directions & test site contact information are sent out 4 weeks prior to the exam. Applications received after the application deadline are subject to a late fee. Please call the NBC headquarters to see if you are too late for exam registration. Exam dates are tentative until 30 days prior to the exam. For this reason we recommend that you do not make travel arrangements until you received your exam confirmation letter. You may also call the NBC to check on expected status. For additional information regarding the CDT Practical Examinations, please download the CDT Handbook and Application or contact NBC by email at email@example.com or by phone at (800) 684-5310.
Interested in hosting a practical examination at your location? Learn More About Hosting An Examination
In order to offer a greater number of testing locations and more flexible scheduling, NBC administers the CDT and RG written examinations utilizing computer-based testing with remote proctoring.
The requirements for computer-based testing (CBT) are as follows:
- Desktop computer or laptop (not tablet)
- Webcam, speakers and microphone (built-in or external)
- Connection to network with sufficient internet speed: at least 2 Mbps download speed and 2 Mbps upload. Candidates can check the speed of their internet speed at https://www.speedtest.net/
- Google Chrome Browser (not Internet Explorer) with pop-up blocker disabled
- Testing must take place in a private area
- Government issued photo ID matching your examination application
There are certain rules to ensure the integrity of the process. For example, test takers will be required to select a 30 day testing window during which time they must schedule and complete their examination. Test takers will also be required to complete a series of security protocols before, during and after the examination. Additional rules will be provided to the candidate by NBC and by the exam Proctor.